Downpipe Exhaust for 2008-2014 BMW X6/X5 550I 650I 750I B7 N63B44 4.4L V8 Twin Turbo
- Review + Q&A
SPELAB Downpipe Exhaust for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 BMW X6/X5 550I 650I 750I B7 N63B44 4.4L V8 Twin Turbo
SPELAB's downpipes are designed to seamlessly fit in place of your restrictive stock downpipes, which are situated immediately after your catalytic converters. Upgraded downpipes provide great increases in horsepower and torque on turbocharged vehicles by allowing exhaust gasses to flow easier as they leave the turbo. The high-quality exhaust manifold can improve the exhaust air flow rate and ensure you have a better driving experience.
Fitment:2011-2013 BMW 550i
2010-2013 BMW 550i GT, xDrive
2012 BMW 650i, xDrive
2009-2012 BMW 750i, xDrive
2009-2012 BMW 750Li, xDrive
2011-2012 BMW Alpina B7, xDrive, B7L, B7L xDrive
2010-2013 BMW X5
2008-2014 BMW X6
Will NOT Fit the M Series Models
Brand Name: SPELAB
Application: Exhaust Down Pipe
Material: Stainless Steel
Surface: Mirror Polish
Pipe Inlet Diameter: 3"
OD Pipe Outlet Diameter: 2.5"
OD Pipe Thickness:16 gauge (1.5mm)
1. Improve Engine Output and Efficiency, Give you extra HPs, and increases torque
2. Large diameter and free flow tubing for unrestricted flow, Making the exhaust air flow smooth, Designed for high-performance racing
3. Made of High-Quality 16-gauge T-304 Stainless Steel with Computerized Mandrel-Bends
4. All joints are TIG welded to prevent cracking and wear
5. CNC Machine Flange for MAX Strength and Durability
6. Flanges chrome plated for corrosion resistance
What does a Downpipe do?
The downpipe exhaust on your turbocharged vehicle is directing the exhaust gases out of the turbine housing into the exhaust system. An aftermarket downpipe will typically be larger in diameter and either use a high-flowing catalytic converter or remove the catalytic converter altogether.
By removing the factory downpipe and replacing it with a high-flowing unit you are allowing the turbo to move gases away from the turbine which creates more power. Since the factory restrictions are now gone you can increase the boost on the vehicle as the factory downpipe is a choking point for performance.