SPELAB Non-EBP Valve Kit for Ford 1999.5-2003 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel Turbo Pedestal +Bolts & Exhaust Housing
- Review + Q&A
The Exhaust Back-pressure Valve (EBV or EBPV) can be problematic. The regulator and actuator are prone to leaking engine oil at the rear of the turbocharger. They are also not easily accessible; only serviceable with the turbocharger removed. These delete parts remove all of the failure-prone moving parts and fix any further issues.
The EBV was engineered to be the first step into an emission-controlled manufacturing process. Its function in closing off the exhaust flow is to have the engine reach its operating temperature as quickly as possible. A cold engine
produces more emissions gasses because not all of the fuel is burnt upon combustion.
Details and Specifics:
- Brand Name: SPELAB
- Manufacturer Part Number: SPTS00861
- Item Weight: 4600g
- Material Type: Aluminum alloy + Paste
- Interchange Part Number: Flange GTP38 EBV Cover Outlet Removal High Flow
- Placement on Vehicle: Inside
- Fitment: 7.3L 99.5-03 Ford Powerstroke Diesel Turbo（except 2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 7.3）
Reasons to delete the EBV system:
- Reduces turbo lag and increases responsiveness.
- Reduces exhaust gas temperatures, especially if running performance-enhancing parts
- Removes failure-prone parts for good.
- Close to half the cost of replacing the parts that could fail again in the future.
There are two main reasons to keep your EBV system:
- If you are in a VERY cold climate.
- If you are in California, you need to have this system to pass emissions tests.
- It's very important to determine if your Ford F-Series truck is an early or late 1999. This product ONLY fits the late 1999's. Please measure the diameter of the intake cover connection before purchasing. Late-model trucks have a 3-inch inlet, early trucks have a 2-inch inlet. Our 7.3L EBPV Delete Kit ONLY fits late 1999's Ford truck. Professional installation is recommended.
- 1 x Non-EBP Pedestal
- 1 x Non-EBP Turbo outlet Flange
- 4 x Turbo and pedestal mounting o-rings
- 2 x Turbo mounting bolts