SPELAB 38mm Bolt-on 7/13/20 PSI External Turbo Exhaust Manifold Wastegate Black/Red
- Review + Q&A
Application: Wastegates provide a means to control the boost pressure of the turbocharged engine. Wastegates work to bypass exhaust flow from the turbine wheel. Bypassing the exhaust flow reduces the power of driving the turbine wheel to match the power required for a given boost level. Similar to the BOV, the Wastegates use boost pressure and spring force to regulate the flow bypassing the turbine.
Wastegates are bolted to the exhaust manifold or header. The advantage of external Wastegates is that the bypassed flow can be reintroduced into the exhaust stream further downstream of the turbine. This tends to improve the turbine's performance.
Material: High Strength Cast Steel Body with Steel Head.
Details and Specifications:
- Brand Name: SPELAB
- Mounting Position: Front
- Type: Wastegates
- Wastegate Top Cap Material: Aluminum
- Wastegate Top Cap Finish: Black/Silver anodized
- Wastegate Base Material: Cast stainless steel
- weight: 1750g
- High strength cast steel body with steelhead
- Bolt-on design fits any 38mm turbo manifold bolt-on wastegate port
- V-Band housing design for fast and easy spring changing and adjustment
- High pressure reinforced and temperature resistant actuator diaphragm included
- Comes with 13 psi spring and 7 psi spring installed (2 springs installed for total 20 psi)
Package including :
- 1 × Wastegate
- All necessary installation hardware
- No installation guides are included, we highly recommend to seek professional installation.
- Any damage during installation will not be refunded.
- Will come with everything you see in the picture.
- Please allow 0.5-1 inch difference due to manual measurement.(1 inch=2.54cm)
- Please check that the picture matches before purchase.
- The color of the actual items may slightly different from the listing images due to different computer screen, thanks for your understanding.
Well packaged. Been running 20 psi for a few weeks now so far so good. Replaced my JGS wastegate with this one the JGS would work sometimes other times it would not open causing it to overboost.